DizzyFIX: Solutions for vertigo caused by BPPV.
WHO IS THE DizzyFIX APP DESIGNED FOR?
1) Medical professionals/students who wish to learn to perform the Epley maneuver correctly.
2) Medical professionals/students who wish to use the included medical reference containing information on diagnosing various types of dizziness.
CAN I USE IT TO TREAT MY OWN BPPV?
This app's interface is NOT designed to self-treat BPPV and you cannot see the screen during the maneuver. For self-treatment of BPPV, please purchase our clinically proven and popular self-treatment DizzyFIX "hat" device from: http://www.dizzyfix.com
PURPOSE OF THE DizzyFIX APP
This application assists in the performance of the Epley maneuver that is recognized as the primary treatment for BPPV. The application assists the physician in guiding the participant through the correct series of head and body positions that ultimately guide loose vertigo causing particles out of the inner ear and into non-reactive areas. The app uses the accelerometers to ensure that the head angles are correct though-out the maneuver.
1) The app guides the physician to place the participant's head into a series of precise positions using the accelerometers in the iPhone or iPod touch. The 3D head-model in the interface turns to each goal position, and then will interactively return to facing straight ahead as you approach each correct position.
2) Includes a detailed textbook on the diagnosis and treatment of vertigo. The textbook includes videos of common diagnostic maneuvers.
3) Little instructional videos and written prompt help to guide you to perform a correct Epley maneuver.
4) Write DizzyFIX device prescriptions (emailed) directly from the phone.
You can view the app's instructional video is here: http://bit.ly/dizzyfixapp2
Once again, the DizzyFIX iPhone application is designed for use by medical professionals and does not help you to treat yourself, as you cannot see the screen during the maneuver.
A physical DizzyFIX device can be acquired at http://www.dizzyfix.com